Monday, January 02, 2006

Trapped in the worst parts of the book

A new year is here, a year that has begun with trepidation caused due to the unknown future, a year whose advent we have been unable to celebrate with the usual joyousness, a year that could be perhaps the most important in our lives...

I wonder... when I was in school, I wanted to be an adult... after that when I was to leave school, I did not want to leave school. Then, in IIT, I wondered when would we leave the accursed institution and step into the "real world", but now I dont want to leave IIT...

Having had my share of wallowing in self-pity, it is perhaps necessary to look at the rest of us all.

About 10 days ago, we were all confident, a certain bonhomie existed amongst the members of the batch. We all knew that we would be ok. But then, the Wheel of Time has changed all our perceptions. Where there was nervousness, there is now fear; where there was confidence, there is now doubt; where there was cheerfulness, there is now despair... The Wheel Weaves as the Wheel Wills. (No, I am not a fan of Jordan and the WoT series).

The advent of self-doubt is a very strange thing. It is not often that I am able to find a positive for rationalization, but now I see that I can. Noone can become bad in one day, be it communication, analytical skills or logical reasoning. Neither, for that reason, can we all also get a job in our first attempt. The fear that has stricken most of us because of the job and cat results is the result of never having failed before (especially category 4 from the previous post). Those who have seen failure would know that things have to look up, for, at the end of the day, the dust has to settle down.

10 years from now, I am sure that we all shall look back at these days and laugh, and wonder how were we ever nervous during this time... But as of now, we are all trapped in the worst parts of the book, and wondering how it would end. The ending, no doubt, would be as Bilbo wishes it to be "And they lived happily hereafter". But how soon will the book end? How far are we from the ending of the book?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey raghav ..
amaazing entry this one !! your best yet !!
just proves that you can be a beautiful writer if you choose to be sincere... instead of writing abt mustard oil !!

anyway ... i like the faint melancholy lifted with faint strains of hope in this passage. quite refreshing compared to your usual cynical self ..

keep writing
Rachna

11:50 PM  
Blogger viswajith.k.n said...

gud..writings..dude...U..spoke..ur..
fears..out...Donna..have..to..worry...
u..will..succeed,..everyone..succeeds...
in..his..own..way...and..ur..words..
(espescially..bonhomie)..i..like..the
..way..u..have..played..with..words

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home